What Country is Nissan From?
Where are Nissan Models Built?
Nissan models are built all over the globe, with manufacturing plants located in Japan, North America, and other locations. Some of the most prominent plants include:
- Tochigi, Japan Facility – Here they focus on high-performance models like the GTR and 3702.
- Oppama, Japan Facility – Here, smaller entry-level cars, including the Versa, are built.
- Smyrna, Tennessee & Canton, Mississippi (United States) Facilities – These focus on a broad range of Nissan cars like the Altima and Maxima to the Titan and Frontier pickups.
- Aguas Calientes, Mexico Facility – Here you specifically find the Sentra.
The Nissan Motor Company’s History: Important Events
- The first full-service manufacturing plant finished construction in 1935
- Nissan Motor Company became the 4th largest automaker by World War II
- Between 1953 and 1959, over 20,700 Austin vehicles were built
- In 1967, the new Nissan L engine was released
- In 1969, the Datsun 240z was introduced
- New factories were built in the U.S., Taiwan, New Zealand, and Australia
- The popular Leaf, Pathfinder, Maxima, and Altima were produced
- In 1985, production exceeded 40 million units
- In 1987, the Cedric Model Y31 was introduced and won “Car of the Year”
- By 2000, Nissan began to focus on the EV market leading to the EV Hypermini
- The success from the Hypermini encouraged Nissan to enter in the minicar market
Test Drive a New Nissan at Scott Evans Nissan
Explore our new Nissan inventory, compare our models, or take your favorite for a test drive around Newnan or Douglasville. Whether you’re interested in the Armada or the new Nissan Rogue, you’re sure to find a fully-capable model for you and your driving needs. Learn more at Scott Evans Nissan when you make the trip to our showroom or contact us today!
More From Scott Evans Nissan
Have you been looking for an advanced and powerful Nissan SUV to take on your everyday to-do’s and weekend adventures alike? You’re likely wondering about how much a Nissan Pathfinder can tow. You’ll be happy to know that the 2020 Nissan Pathfinder towing capacity maxes out at 6,000 pounds with the right equipment. Find out…
From advanced connectivity to premium comfort, the Nissan Altima comes equipped with all the features you’ve come to expect from a new Nissan car, crossover, or SUV. But just what can you look forward to when you get into a new Nissan Altima for your Newnan drives? Our team at Scott Evans Nissan has everything you need…
If you’re looking for a new 2020 Nissan Titan or 2020 Nissan Titan XD to take on your everyday to-do’s, then you’re surely curious about its towing capacity. Our team is ready to help you see how a new Nissan pickup truck like the Titan or Titan XD could help handle DIY projects and jobsite…