What Country is Nissan From?
Where are Nissan Models Built?
Nissan models are built all over the globe, with manufacturing plants located in Japan, North America, and other locations. Some of the most prominent plants include:
- Tochigi, Japan Facility – Here they focus on high-performance models like the GTR and 3702.
- Oppama, Japan Facility – Here, smaller entry-level cars, including the Versa, are built.
- Smyrna, Tennessee & Canton, Mississippi (United States) Facilities – These focus on a broad range of Nissan cars like the Altima and Maxima to the Titan and Frontier pickups.
- Aguas Calientes, Mexico Facility – Here you specifically find the Sentra.
The Nissan Motor Company’s History: Important Events
- The first full-service manufacturing plant finished construction in 1935
- Nissan Motor Company became the 4th largest automaker by World War II
- Between 1953 and 1959, over 20,700 Austin vehicles were built
- In 1967, the new Nissan L engine was released
- In 1969, the Datsun 240z was introduced
- New factories were built in the U.S., Taiwan, New Zealand, and Australia
- The popular Leaf, Pathfinder, Maxima, and Altima were produced
- In 1985, production exceeded 40 million units
- In 1987, the Cedric Model Y31 was introduced and won “Car of the Year”
- By 2000, Nissan began to focus on the EV market leading to the EV Hypermini
- The success from the Hypermini encouraged Nissan to enter in the minicar market
Test Drive a New Nissan at Scott Evans Nissan
Explore our new Nissan inventory, compare our models, or take your favorite for a test drive around Newnan or Douglasville. Whether you’re interested in the Armada or the new Nissan Rogue, you’re sure to find a fully-capable model for you and your driving needs. Learn more at Scott Evans Nissan when you make the trip to our showroom or contact us today!
More From Scott Evans Nissan
When it comes to popular compact crossover SUVs in the Newnan and Douglasville area, the 2019 Nissan Rogue is surely making waves. And, while it’s ultimately the customer that determines the true value and reliability of a vehicle, the Nissan Rogue has received stellar reviews from some of the automotive industry’s most trusted sources. Critics…
The 2019 Nissan Altima SR has plenty of standard features to explore but there are even more available features to look into when you need more safety, technology, or prefer a stronger performance. Once you get behind the wheel of the Altima SR, you can customize it to suit your driving needs. Learn more about…
Many Newnan shoppers choose the 2019 Nissan Rogue as their next vehicle—and with good reason! It provides plenty of space as well as a feature-packed interior that never fails to impress. Explore the new Nissan Rogue interior features below with us at Scott Evans Nissan! Learn MoreBrowse Inventory Nissan Rogue: Feature Highlights The interior of the 2019…