What Country is Nissan From?
Where are Nissan Models Built?
Nissan models are built all over the globe, with manufacturing plants located in Japan, North America, and other locations. Some of the most prominent plants include:
- Tochigi, Japan Facility – Here they focus on high-performance models like the GTR and 3702.
- Oppama, Japan Facility – Here, smaller entry-level cars, including the Versa, are built.
- Smyrna, Tennessee & Canton, Mississippi (United States) Facilities – These focus on a broad range of Nissan cars like the Altima and Maxima to the Titan and Frontier pickups.
- Aguas Calientes, Mexico Facility – Here you specifically find the Sentra.
The Nissan Motor Company’s History: Important Events
- The first full-service manufacturing plant finished construction in 1935
- Nissan Motor Company became the 4th largest automaker by World War II
- Between 1953 and 1959, over 20,700 Austin vehicles were built
- In 1967, the new Nissan L engine was released
- In 1969, the Datsun 240z was introduced
- New factories were built in the U.S., Taiwan, New Zealand, and Australia
- The popular Leaf, Pathfinder, Maxima, and Altima were produced
- In 1985, production exceeded 40 million units
- In 1987, the Cedric Model Y31 was introduced and won “Car of the Year”
- By 2000, Nissan began to focus on the EV market leading to the EV Hypermini
- The success from the Hypermini encouraged Nissan to enter in the minicar market
Test Drive a New Nissan at Scott Evans Nissan
Explore our new Nissan inventory, compare our models, or take your favorite for a test drive around Newnan or Douglasville. Whether you’re interested in the Armada or the new Nissan Rogue, you’re sure to find a fully-capable model for you and your driving needs. Learn more at Scott Evans Nissan when you make the trip to our showroom or contact us today!
More From Scott Evans Nissan
The Nissan Altima isn’t just a smooth and stylish ride, it’s also remarkably fuel-efficient – which is a huge asset for your Newnan and Villa Rica commutes! While the precise Nissan Altima MPG can vary depending on your trim and options, you can expect up to 28 city mpg and 39 highway mpg when properly equipped….
Boasting 300 horsepower as standard and offering six unique trim levels, 2020 Nissan Maxima models are available for nearly every Villa Rica lifestyle and budget. To help you get familiar with the Nissan Maxima trim levels, our team at Scott Evans Nissan will help you learn more about available Nissan Maxima trims, pricing, and features below. We’re ready…
Do you want to tow a small camper, boat, dirtbike, or other weekend toys around Newnan? While you might think that you need the power or a truck like a Nissan Titan or Nissan Frontier, there are plenty of Nissan SUVs that can take care of the job! The 2020 Nissan Rogue, which starts…