How to Start a Nissan with a Dead Key Fob
Whether you’re headed to work or running errands, there’s nothing worse than trying to start your car and nothing happening. If this ever happens to you, your Nissan key fob battery may be the culprit. While you’ll want to replace your key fob battery as soon as possible, you may be wondering if you can start a Nissan with a dead key fob battery. Luckily you can, and the Scott Evans Nissan service department is here to show you how!
Getting Into Your Nissan
First things first, you’ll need to enter your Nissan car. While you probably need a Nissan key fob replacement, you are still able to enter your car by following these steps:
- Flip the key fob over and push the small release lath
- Pull out the hidden emergency key from the bottom of the device
- Unlock your door on the driver’s side door with the emergency key
Starting Your Nissan
Now that you’ve entered your car, it’s time to start your Nissan with the key fob (even though it’s dead!). If your vehicle has a key fob port, you are still able to put the fob in the port. Next, you’ll tap the brake pedal or clutch while simultaneously pressing the START/STOP button. If your Nissan vehicle does not have a port, you will step on the brake or clutch while simultaneously pressing the key fob against the STOP/START button (essentially the same process without inserting the fob into the port)
Nissan Key Fob Battery Charge
In order to avoid a dead key fob scare again, you should replace the battery in your Nissan smart key by following these instructions:
- Remove the hidden key from the key fob
- Remove the key housing in order to take out the dead battery
- Next, replace the CR2025 battery (ensure that the negative side of the battery is facing up toward you)
- Last, you will but the key fob back together and test it out before driving
Need Help Troubleshooting Your Nissan Key Fob?
If you need any additional assistance regarding your Nissan key fob replacement, schedule service at the Scott Evans Nissan service department! We’re located near Newnan and Douglasville, and can help you replace the battery as well as perform any other type of service for a great price. You can count on our Nissan technicians to keep you and your vehicle safe n the Villa Rica roads for years to come.