Explore the Carrollton Greenbelt
As the largest paved loop in Georgia, the Carrollton Greenbelt is a great path for biking, running, and other outdoor activities. In addition, it highlights some of the rich history of the Carroll County area. Learn more about this local destination near Atlanta today!
Carrollton Greenbelt Highlights
If you take a look at the Carrollton Greenbelt map, you’ll find access to plenty of things to do in Carrollton, GA. Highlights include:
- University of West Georgia
- Tanner Medical Center
- Grisham Stadium
- Entrance to Buffalo Creek Trail
- East Carrollton Park
- Lakeshore Park
- Hobbs Farm Park
- Lake Carroll
In addition, six different trailheads throughout the loop provide plenty of parking or access for non-motorized vehicles. That makes the Greenbelt a top choice for cyclists. If you don’t have a bike with you, bike share stations are available in multiple locations, including two at the University of West Georgia campus.
It’s important to follow the rules of the Greenbelt in Carrollton, GA, as they ensure the safety and preservation of the trail:
- The trail is open from dawn to dusk.
- Only nonmotorized vehicles like bicycles and recumbent bikes are permitted. Motorized wheelchairs are allowed as well.
- Alcohol, drugs, and non-permitted firearms are prohibited from the trail.
- Visitors using the trail are expected to stay off private property.
In addition, cyclists are required to avoid reckless behavior, and any theft or vandalism of trail amenities is of course prohibited.
Visit Carrollton Parks
One of the biggest advantages of the Carrollton Greenway is that it provides easy access to Carrollton parks and green spaces. Explore these options for your next family bike trip:
- Hobbs Farm Park – The disc golf course at Hobbs Farm brings visitors from across Georgia.
- East Carrollton Park – Enjoy a skate park, playground, and athletic fields maintained by Carrollton Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Arts.
- Castle Playground – Shaped like a medieval castle, this playground offers fun for kids of all ages.